|RTS le Jeu||33|
|Take it easy||23|
|Make archiv great again||20|
|Le journal de Turfu||18|
|Make navigation great again||13|
|Real Virtual Camera||12|
|Top or Flop||10|
|Alternative Weather Facts||11|
|Miss Money Penny||7|
The SRG SSR Swisscom Hackdays are so close that you can almost smell its creativity and both venues are ready!
We’re pleased to give you a short update about the event and the APIs.
We pushed some new content APIs on https://api.srgssr.ch
Now you get over ‘RTS Archiv’ the old but golden content, the actual content from the RTS CMS and also RSI CMS are up and running. Last but not least, the actual audio and video content from the whole SRG SSR (RSI, RTS, RTR, SRF, SWI) is now avaible on api.srgssr.ch
But please feel free to also use any other APIs or tools at your will.
We plan to be connected during the whole Hackdays with our colleagues on both sides of the ‘röstigraben’. During the presentations on Friday we will setup an public stream and show it also here. If someone does not want to be recorded or streamed, please contact us. If so, your presentation will happen at the end of the event and the streaming will be stopped before.
So therefore it’s now time for us to say ‘bon voyage’.
We are really looking forward to see what kind of magic will happen during the SRG SSR Swisscom Hackdays 2017!
See you in Zurich or Geneva..
Geneva and Zurich are sold out! So you might start thinking about your hack in advance. Please find – as promised – a description of the selected interfaces/APIs that will be available.
We have some delicious APIs prepared for you, which are served on the brand new SRG SSR API platform. To see the APIs go to http://api.srgssr.ch and register to receive the keys and documentations you need to start creating your prototypes and hacks.
You will find on api.srgssr.ch:
- traffic data provided by viasuisse
- election and voting data (some back to 1900) provided by tpc
- Swiss music data (bio, gig, song, video etc ) provided by mx3.ch
- data from the new teletext standard HbbTV provided by SwissTXT
- transmitter data from broadcast.ch > coming soon
- videos, audios, subtitles and electronic program guides from RSI, RTR, RTS and SRF > coming soon
- other website content as an example from SRF, RTS, swissinfo.ch, RSI > coming soon
>>> and more to come …
From Swisscom you will get
- Cloud computing resources from the Swisscom Application Cloud: Run your apps from the cloud using jour favorite languages including Node.js, Ruby an PHP. Use services like MongoDB, Redis or the ELK stack. Credentials will be distributed shortly.
- Swisscom TV APIs: Work with metadata for TV channels and TV shows, control video playback and navigation on the Swisscom TV-Box. TV-Boxes for you to connect to will be provided. Please find documentation attached for the special APIs that we’ll open for the Hackdays exclusively.
- Swisscom telecommunications APIs: Make voice calls, send SMS, verify Swiss addresses, integrate Swisscom shop metadata into your idea. https://api-developer.swisscom.com/
SRG and Swisscom are organising joint hackdays on 2/3 February 2017. The topic of this year’s event is “The media consumption of the future”. Programmers, designers and concept developers who want to work on digital applications are all welcome. We will be hacking for two days at two locations.
• Start: Thursday, 2 February 2017, doors open at 9.00 am, event starts at 10.00 am
• Award ceremony: Friday, 3 February 2017, after pitches (which starts at 2pm)
• End: Friday, 3 February 2017, 4.00 pm
• Location: SRF Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen, Zurich Leutschenbach (Studio 2)
• Location: RTS Radio Télévision Suisse, Quai Ernest Ansermet 20, Geneva
We will provide you with a selection of application programming interfaces (API) from SRG and Swisscom to enable you to implement your idea and prototype. The list of exactly which APIs will be available will be sent out in January.
Any questions? The “Q&A” document in the right-hand column may well have the answers. Alternatively, you can mail us your question at firstname.lastname@example.org
A big thank you to all participants of the SRG SSR Hackdays @ RTS Genève. Thanks for your endless efforts, valuable time and great ideas!
See you next time.